Sunday, December 5, 2010

A New Beginning

I must say, this is the most difficult post that I have ever written. I've been dreading to write this post for months. And even as I was writing, I kept rereading sentences, deleting them and then I try to rewrite them again and again. I don't think there's anything I can write to explain these complicated feelings that I have. Anyway, long story short, I'm moving out of Berlin. Scratch that. I've moved out from Berlin. THE Berlin that has been my home almost 10 years. I've spent some of the best years of my life in the capital of Germany. I came to Berlin as a teenager and in that city I grew up to be the young adult that I am today. I've come to love Berlin as much as my hometown. Maybe even more. So I'm pretty sure you can imagine how difficult it is for me to write this post. I felt as if I left a part of me behind and that by writing this post, I'm officially ending my 10-year-long relationship with this fascinating city.

So, the next question that needs to be answered is: where have I moved to? well right now I'm living in a tiny town, about 30 km from Ulm. For those of you who doesn't know where Ulm is, Ulm is located around 90 km from Stuttgart. Well Stuttgart must at least ring a bell for you right? And what am I doing here? Well, I'm calling this city as my transit place until I find the next place where I can call home. The reason for all this relocation is because I have recently pocketed my master degree and now I'm desperate for a decent job. So if any of you, my dear reader needs a chemist with knowledge and experience on HPLC and homogeneous catalysis, Please please please contact me. I will be deeply indebted :D

Well I've been wondering this whole time about what to write after I moved out of Berlin into this charming little town. Well, I'm glad to say that I've realized that I can still express my love for food, wherever I am. Food doesn't only means Asian or Chinese. Here I can have the freshest products available. I can hand picked my tomatoes from the garden, yes! the house where I'm living now has a garden. And the generous landlady of mine told me, that I can take whatever I want, from tomatoes, wild berries, plums and much much more.

Not only that, here I can get in touch with the local "schwabisch" food , imagine hand made spätzle (german noodle) with cheese, Maultaschen and lots more. And because of the scarcity of Asian ingredients in this little town. It forces me to be creative whenever I want to eat some decent Asian meal. So I think, I will post more recipes rather than reviews about restaurant. But for those who loves my restaurant review, don't worry. I still have some Berlin restaurants review posts that I haven't published. So don't go away but keep on waiting and I promise I'll come up with some interesting posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment