Saturday, July 5, 2014

French toast topped with strawberry and vanilla sauce

We picked strawberries last weekend. It was so much fun, we were so full after that and went home with almost 3 kg of strawberries. I made jars of jam out of it and eat the rest of it just like that. Nothing beats fresh strawberries directly out of the farm. Well maybe fresh cherries but it's stuff for next week. 

Anyway for breakfast I made this, French toast topped with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of vanilla sauce


French Toast


Slices of old bread, I had Ciabatta so I used them
1 egg
a splash of milk
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs butter
Strawberries
Vanilla sauce (My favourite is Matilde but this time I was testing the one from zum Dorfkrug, very yummy too) 

Beat egg, add in milk and sugar.
Soak slices of bread into the custard
Heat a pan and melt the butter, put in the mushy bread and pan fry them into golden brown.
Put half of strawberries on top and drizzle with vanilla sauce

Oh and that's Donald Duck Frühstücksbrett, which I bought at Butler's. I just love it, makes me smile every morning 


No comments:

Post a Comment